prep for Go 1.5 beta 2
Russ Cox
2015-07-16 02:03:17 UTC
I think we're close to ready to cut Go 1.5 beta 2.
A few important bugs have been fixed and many unimportant ones fixed.
Brad is working on a CL to correct the most significant issues with the new
resolver and IPv6.
Andrew is working on Windows packaging, so that the beta can test that part.

We know there is still at least one runtime crash (likely bad GC), but it's
rare and Austin hasn't pinned it all the way down yet.

Is there anything else we should wait for? I expect there will be a beta 3.

Russ
Mikio Hara
2015-07-16 05:12:54 UTC
Post by Russ Cox
Is there anything else we should wait for? I expect there will be a beta 3.
maybe docker+consul users expect that beta 2 will contain the fix for
#11081: cl 10836.
Andrew Gerrand
2015-07-16 05:58:13 UTC
Post by Russ Cox
Andrew is working on Windows packaging, so that the beta can test that part.
This is done modulo code review.
Peter Waldschmidt
2015-07-16 10:35:41 UTC
encoding/json tokenizer?

https://go-review.googlesource.com/#/c/9073/
Peter Waldschmidt
2015-07-16 11:52:09 UTC
encoding/json: streaming json tokenizer

Your proposed API changes have been integrated into the original CL and
tested. Can we get this merged?

Andrew Gerrand
2015-07-16 23:58:51 UTC
Post by Russ Cox
Is there anything else we should wait for? I expect there will be a beta 3.
I'd like to cut beta2 ~now; objections? (As Russ said, there'll likely be a
beta3.)
Brad Fitzpatrick
2015-07-17 00:02:09 UTC
No objections here.

Austin's fix would be nice but it might not be totally done yet. Russ?
David Crawshaw
2015-07-17 00:03:06 UTC
You don't want to wait for https://golang.org/cl/12320?
Andrew Gerrand
2015-07-17 00:04:27 UTC
Post by David Crawshaw
You don't want to wait for https://golang.org/cl/12320?
Seems like it's worth waiting for. (that's why I sent mail)
Austin, Russ?
Rob Pike
2015-07-17 00:30:40 UTC
I'd like to land 12284.

-rob
Andrew Gerrand
2015-07-17 03:39:37 UTC
Rob has gamely submitted the runtime change.
I don't know enough about the encoding/json change to do anything about it
now.
If the build dashboard says OK, I'll cut beta2 at cc8f544.
There'll likely be a beta3.