[golang-dev] New members of the Go team at Google
'Austin Clements' via golang-dev
2018-12-05 23:12:24 UTC
Hi everyone! Josh Bleecher Snyder made a great suggestion that we should
introduce new open source-facing members of the Go team at Google to the
community.

I wanted to start by introducing Michael Knyszek, who recently joined the
Go team at Google to work on the runtime. You may already have seen some of
his work on the scavenger. In his own words:

I'm very excited to be joining the Go runtime team at Google. In college I
got really hooked on programming languages, managed runtimes, and computer
architecture. I spent some time porting libffi to RISC-V and attempting the
same for the HotSpot VM. Before I came here, I worked on Fuchsia's infra
team where I ended up learning about Go, and writing quite a bit of it. So
now here I am. :) I look forward to working with the Go community!
Andrew Bonventre
2018-12-05 23:27:58 UTC
I would also like to take the opportunity to introduce the newest members
of the Go team in New York: Katie Hockman, Channing Kimble-Brown, and Julie
Qiu.

Please join me in welcoming them to the team.
Katie Hockman
2018-12-06 16:36:31 UTC
Hey, I’m Katie, it’s great to meet all of you! I joined the Go open source
team at Google this fall. This team has been a fun challenge for me, being
brand new to Go and open source. I’ve been a software engineer at Google
for three and a half years, most recently focused on web accessibility at
Google. I live in Brooklyn, play the violin, and am mildly obsessed with
dogs (even though I don’t have one myself). The community has been very
welcoming so far, and I look forward to getting to know everyone better in
the future! :)
Agniva De Sarker